5 things that can make living in Memphis more like living in New York.
- Go to the theatre. We have "The Orpheum" which is a lovely theatre downtown at which travelling formerly on Broadway plays and musicals show. There are also several other local theatres.
- Go to book signings! There is an amazing bookstore in Memphis called "Davis-Kidd" where best-selling authors frequent.
- Visit the local attractions. We have a lot of local attractions here. Graceland, of course, and a few famous museums, including: The National Civil Rights Museum, The Stax Museum of American Soul Music, The Pink Palace, to name a few.
- Eat at local restaurants! In NYC, I eat at local places daily. Here, I always eat either at home or at a big chain place. But Memphis has a lot of local diners and bars. Time to start checking into them.
- Drink more Starbucks. Self-explanatory.